Sunday, November 24, 2013

#0611 "Moonfire"

Very early one morning last month, I looked out my kitchen window to see this GORGEOUS sight. Grabbed my trust Sony and started shooting. I took about 15 or 20 pictures, and this was the best of the lot, although I liked them all.  The changes in the clouds was pretty dramatic from minute to minute.

Someone asked if they could use it as an inspiration piece for a painting. I agreed, reserving the right to paint it myself.  What follows is the photograph, and then the painting.





#0611p
Photography
by Clare Dunn



#0611
"Moonfire"
Acrylic by Clare Dunn

2 comments:

  1. Clare, welcome back to Blogsville - I am just returning myself spasmodically after a long break.

    I love the photo AND the painting and as I saw it Beethoven's Fifth Symphony 1st movement come onto the radio. What a backdrop for this superb effort, very accurately captured. Love the name Moonfire. Did it take you long to paint it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated Christmas Greetings and a Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete